The History of Kyrie Irving’s Basketball Shoes
Kyrie Irving joined an elite class of basketball players when his number was called for a signature line. Kobe Bryant, Kevin Durant, and LeBron James welcomed its fourth member of the signature basketball lines under Nike.
With his handles, shooting, and ability to finesse around defenders, Irving created a fan base from Cleveland. In the Kyrie 1, Irving averaged 21.7 points, 5.2 assists, and 3.2 rebounds at the age of 22. Retailing for $110 USD, the Kyrie 1 was the most affordable in the line compared to LeBron, KD, and Kobe.
In his first game in the shoes, Irving dropped 37 points against the New York Knicks at Madison Square Garden. Nike iD offered 19 base colors and 21 accent colors for fans to create their own masterpieces.
Nike KYRIE 1 Colorways
- Nike Kyrie 1 Medium Berry/Hot Lava-Black-Metallic Silver “Easter”
- Nike Kyrie 1 White/Black-Dove Grey-Infrared
- Nike Kyrie 1 Tour Yellow/University Gold-Light Retro-Teal “Letterman”
- Nike Kyrie 1 Soar/White-Bright Crimson-Metallic Silver “Independence Day”
- Nike Kyrie 1 LMTD Black/Tour Yellow-Sail-Light Bone “Rise”
- Nike Kyrie 1 Dark Emerald/Metallic Silver-Emerald Green “Fly Trap”
- Nike Kyrie 1 Deep Pewter/Tumbled Grey-Night Silver-Volt “The Dungeon”
- Nike Kyrie 1 Black/Reflect Silver-Dark Grey-Green Glow “Driveway”
- Nike Kyrie 1 Wolf Grey/White-Midnight Navy-Pure Platinum
- Nike Kyrie 1 Teal/Green Strike-Radiant Emerald-Metallic Red Bronze “Australia”
- Nike Kyrie 1 Lyon Blue/Black-Anthracite-Metallic Silver “Brotherhood”
- Nike Kyrie 1 AS Pure Platinum/Multi-Color-Black “All Star”
- Nike Kyrie 1 BHM White/Dark Grey-Black “Black History Month”
- Nike Kyrie 1 Deceptive Red/Black-Deceptive Red
- Nike Kyrie 1 LTD White/Metallic Silver-University Red “Double Nickel
- Nike Kyrie 1 Black/White-Bright Crimson-Anthracite “Dream”
Nike KYRIE 2
Looking to return from a fractured knee cap that kept Irving from winning his first NBA championship, Irving will return in his second signature model. Boasting a midcut silhouette, the Kyries return with a new look. These feature a rounded outsole for the smooth and lateral moves that Irving makes. The heel features Nike’s Zoom Air and the cross strap keeps the foot locked down. The Hyperfuse construction remains just like the first model.
- Nike Kyrie 2 Multi-Color/Sail-Black “Effect”
- Nike Kyrie 2 White/Blue Lagoon/Omega Blue/Obsidian “Christmas”
- Nike Kyrie 2 Bright Crimson/Atomic Orange-Black “Inferno”