With the building success of the Kobe 1 and Kobe 2, Nike decided to try a different path with the Nike Air Zoom Kobe 3 with a design silhouette that reminds many of the Nike Air Huarache 2k4 and 2k5, which Kobe wore prior to receiving his signature shoe line. Led by Eric Avar, the company line on the inspiration of the Kobe 3 is rooted in the Black Mamba moniker Kobe Bryant gave himself.
With focus on performance above everything, Avar started with a one piece mesh upper that featured a waffle grid like design to maintain a lightweight but stable shoe. The Kobe 3 was built with comfort, breathability and clean lines in mind to pair with the Zoom Air that cushioned the heel and forefoot. A fun fact about the diamond pattern design on the upper and outsold is that it was inspired by Kobe’s daughter, Diamante.
- Regular Season MVP
- 2008 Finals Appearance
- Nike Zoom Kobe III – MPLS
- Nike Zoom Kobe III – Black/Grey
- Nike Zoom Kobe III – Lower Merion Aces
- Nike Zoom Kobe III – Lakers
- Nike Zoom Kobe III – SL White
- Nike Zoom Kobe III – Blackout
- Nike Zoom Kobe III – Super Maize
- Nike Zoom Kobe III – All-Star
- Nike Zoom Kobe III – MVP
Kobe Talks about the Nike Air Zoom Kobe III