Nike Basketball has debuted their flagship shoe once again, the Nike Hyperdunk 2014. Usually they would improve the technology used on the Hyperdunk, but it seems like we will be getting much of the same.
Features will include Nike Lunarlon, Flywire, and Hyperfuse return on the new model with a few aesthetic changes. One addition that makes me very curious is the type of rubber on the outsole as they mentioned that it would be a great combination for both indoor and outdoor hoops. Typically, outsoles are either strictly indoor or outdoor, so it’ll be interesting how this turns out for Summer basketball. Let’s hope that they at least make the Lunarlon full-length rather than targeted because if it is, I may actually like these a lot. You can grab the latest Hyperdunk 2014 at major Nike retailers beginning July 16.
Below is the unveiling of Nike on their latest Nike Hyperdunk 2014:
The Nike Hyperdunk continues to evolve its innovative legacy established in 2008. It was an introduction that transformed basketball shoe design as we know it. Debuting here for the first time, the Nike Hyperdunk 2014 is defined by its lightweight feel and superior cushioning.
The Nike Basketball design team was dedicated to progressing the shoe’s performance, with valuable insight that came from a full year wear-testing and obsessing the details. Its dynamic fit has a great step-in feel, enhancing natural motion while featuring the following key performance benefits:
- Lunarlon cushioning midsole provides a soft, responsive ride
- Hyperfuse construction creates a breathable, flexible upper
- Flywire technology delivers dynamic lockdown through the midfoot
With summer basketball here, on-court versatility and breathability was essential. The design focus was to provide a great shoe for both indoor and outdoor use that could stand the heat and breathability needs of summer hoops.
Hyperdunk 2014 product details include:
- Hyperfuse construction creates a nearly seamless, one-piece upper that is lightweight, breathable, durable and supportive
- The upper has fewer layers, making it ultra-breathable and flexible
- Flywire technology is dynamic and lightweight, providing lockdown through the midfoot. Its strong cables loosen and tighten with the natural motion of the foot
- Dynamic foam collar provides a comfortable fit
- Lunarlon midsole provides ultra-soft, lightweight cushioning that delivers excellent response.
- Solid-rubber outsole with herringbone pattern provides durability and traction on a variety of surfaces